Samsung Electronics provides Samsung TV Plus, a free streaming service with advertisements. The platform offers free access to live TV channels, motion pictures, television shows, and other video content. The majority of Samsung Smart TVs produced since 2016 come pre-installed with Samsung TV Plus, which can be accessed by going to the Samsung TV+ app on the TV’s home screen. Samsung TV+ is accessible on a few Samsung mobile devices. Depending on the area and channel lineup, the material on Samsung TV+ varies, although it often contains news.
What is Samsung TV Plus?
- Samsung TV+ is a free, ad-supported streaming service offered by Samsung Electronics. It provides access to various live TV channels, movies, TV shows, and other video content without requiring a subscription or a separate app.
- It is pre-installed on Samsung Smart TVs manufactured since 2016, and it’s available in select countries, including the United States, Canada, and some European countries. Users can access the service by navigating to the Samsung TV Plus app on their Samsung Smart TV’s home screen.
- The content available on this platform varies depending on the region and the channel lineup, but it typically includes news, sports, entertainment, lifestyle, and kids’ programming.
- The service offers channels from popular networks such as ABC, CBSN, Cheddar, PBS Kids, and more, along with Samsung’s channels like Samsung Kids and Samsung Movie Hub.
On Which Device Can You Access Samsung TV Plus App?
It is primarily available on Samsung Smart TVs. It comes pre-installed on most Samsung Smart TVs manufactured since 2016 and can be accessed through the Samsung TV+ app on its home screen.
In addition to Samsung Smart TVs, Samsung TV+ is also available on select Samsung mobile devices like:
- Samsung Galaxy S21 series
- Galaxy Note20 series
- Galaxy S20 series
- Galaxy Note10 series
- Galaxy S10 series
- Galaxy A series.
To access Samsung TV+ on a Samsung mobile device, users can download the Samsung TV Plus app from the Google Play Store or Samsung Galaxy Store.
Note: Its availability may vary depending on the region and device model. Additionally, Samsung TV+ may require an internet connection and a Samsung Account on some devices.
Read Also: Samsung TV Remote Not Working
What Are The Samsung TV Plus Channels List?
The Samsung TV+ channel lineup varies depending on the region and the TV model. Again, the specific channels available on Samsung TV+ can vary by region, and the lineup may change over time. Here are some examples of the channels available on Samsung TV+:
- ABC News Live
- People TV
- NBC News NOW
- Vevo Pop
- Samsung Movie Hub
- Samsung Kids
- Pluto TV
- Bloomberg TV+
- Bon Appétit
- Law and Crime
- IGN TV
- World Poker Tour
Users can browse and discover channels by navigating the Samsung TV+ app on their Samsung Smart TV or mobile device.
List of Countries Supporting Samsung TV Plus
It is currently available in a limited number of countries around the world. The availability of the service varies by region and TV model, so it’s essential to check with Samsung or your local TV provider for the most up-to-date information. The list of the countries where you can enjoy the Samsung TV app are:
- United States
- United Kingdom
- South Korea
What are The Types of Content on Samsung TV Plus?
It generally offers a mix of live TV channels, movies, TV shows, and other video content. In other words, Samsung TV Plus offers different genres of channels, such as news, sports, entertainment, kids, and lifestyle channels. Users can browse and discover channels by navigating the Samsung TV Plus app on their Samsung Smart TV or mobile device.
How to Access Samsung TV Plus on Firestick?
Samsung TV+ is primarily designed for Samsung Smart TVs and select Samsung mobile devices, and it is not currently available as a standalone app on Firestick devices. However, you can still access Samsung TV Plus content on Firestick through the Pluto TV app.
Pluto TV is a free, ad-supported streaming service with a dedicated Samsung TV+ channel featuring select programming from the service. Here’s how you can access Samsung TV+ on Firestick using the Pluto TV app:
- Install the Pluto TV app on your Firestick device from the Amazon Appstore.
- Launch the Pluto TV app and navigate to the “Live TV” section.
- Look for the “Samsung TV Plus” channel, usually located near the top of the channel list.
- Select the “Samsung TV+” channel to access the programming on Samsung TV Plus.
How to Access Samsung TV Plus on Roku?
It is not available as a standalone application for Roku. However, you can still access it on the platform via the Pluto TV app. The below steps are the complete samsung tv plus guide content here:
- Download the Pluto TV app from the Roku Channel Store.
- Navigate to the “Live TV” section.
- You can see the “Samsung TV+” channel, usually located at the top of the channel list.
- Select it to browse the available content.
Read Also: Samsung TV Screen Mirroring
What to Do When Samsung TV Plus is Not Working?
If you come across any issues with the app, check out the following troubleshooting steps:
- Internet Connection: Your internet connection might be the problem. Make sure your Samsung mobile or TV has a stable internet connection. You can test your connection by streaming content from another app or device.
- Update the Samsung TV+ app: Check for any available updates to the Samsung TV+ app and install them if necessary. You can do this by going to the app store on your Samsung Smart TV or mobile device and searching for “Samsung TV+.”
- Restart your device: Try restarting your Samsung Smart TV or mobile device to see if this resolves the issue.
- Clear cache and data: If you’re using Samsung TV+ on a mobile device, you can clear the app’s cache and data in your device settings. All the temporary problem issues causing files will be removed.
- Contact Samsung support: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, you can contact Samsung support for further assistance.
Read Also: Samsung TV Using Your iPhone
Samsung TV Plus is an excellent app for Samsung smart TV owners who want access to a wide variety of live and on-demand content without having to pay for a subscription. With over 160 channels, including popular options like ABC News Live, PeopleTV, and Bloomberg TV, there is something for everyone. The app is easy to navigate, with a simple interface that makes it easy to find and watch your favorite content. While some channels may require additional fees, the free app is a big plus for budget-conscious viewers.
Read Also: Connect AirPods to iPhone