When it comes to owning televisions with the world’s best displays. LG Smart TV is the only manufacturer that does it perfectly. Smart TVs from LG come in a wide range of prices, resolutions, and even screen sizes. The LG Smart TVs have a lot of useful features because they run on a separate operating system. The LG Smart TV’s ability to install apps is one of its best features.
Install Apps from LG Content Store
The LG Content Store can be characterized as the PlayStore for all LG televisions running webOS. The store has an assortment of applications for you to introduce and browse. To make things easier, here are the steps to add apps from the LG content store to your LG TV.
- Check to see that your LG Smart TV is connected to the Internet.
- On the LG smart tv remote, press the “Home” key.
- The LG Content Store will now open.
- At the highest point of the screen, you will see the category “Applications”.
- Select it to open a rundown of applications accessible in the LG Content Store.
- Select the app that you want to include and click the “Install” button.
- After the app has been installed, you can use it on your LG Smart TV.
Read also: Firestick Remote
Install Third-Party Apps on LG Smart TV using a FireStick
On the other hand, you are able to make use of the extensive selection of applications that can be found in the store for streaming devices, Follow these steps to accomplish this;
- Attach the FireStick to the HDMI port on your LG TV.
- Ensure that both the FireStick and your television are turned on.
- Ensure that your TV is having access to the Internet.
- Select the input channel on the television that corresponds to the FireStick’s connection.
- To use FireStick’s features, now sign in to your Amazon account.
- Use the various apps that are available in the Store right away.
- The application cannot be downloaded, but you can immediately stream its content.
You always have the option of using screen sharing or screen sharing to stream content directly from your laptop to your LG smart TV. You can also cast to an LG Smart TV with your smartphone.
Install Third-Party Lg Smart TV Apps Using Google Chromecast
If third-party apps are not available on the LG Content Store, you can also install them on your LG TV using Google Chromecast. To do this,
- Connect your Google Chromecast to your television via an HDMI port.
- Install the app on your mobile device by downloading it from the Google Play Store.
- Select “New Devices” when prompted to enter information about your Google account.
- A code will be sent to your LG Smart TV; after you confirm it, you will be able to screencast with your Google Chromecast and install the apps you prefer.
Read Also: Hulu TV Channels
Install Third-Party Apps on LG Smart TVs from Other Countries
You might want to install some apps on your LG TV, but they might not be available in your country. Therefore, changing your LG Smart TV’s country of service is the only way to obtain these apps. Here’s how to do it:
- On the LG Smart TV, access the Settings menu.
- Select “Common” from the list of “All Settings” in settings.
- Choose “Location,” followed by “Country of LG Service.”
- Choose the country you want now.
- After selecting a country, you will be asked to accept the agreement. After reading the agreement, select “Yes.”
- Your television will now restart to make changes.
- After restarting your television, simply visit the LG Content Store to browse and download new applications for your LG Smart TV.
So, you can send apps to your LG Smart TV and stream popular movies, music, and TV shows, among other things. Verify that your television has sufficient storage space before downloading apps from the LG Content Store. If not, you can always delete some items or simply connect an external drive.
Read Also: Bet plus/activate
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
How Do I Install Apps on My Lg Smart TV Which Are Not Available in the Lg Content Store?
A third-party program that isn’t listed in the LG Content Store can’t be downloaded directly. Nevertheless, LG smart Televisions can stream content from other parties via add-ons like Firestick, Chromecast, AppleTV, and Roku. An APK file may also be used to sideload an application.
Does LG TV have a Google Play store?
Because LG TVs utilize a distinct webOS, they, unfortunately, do not support Google Play. You would need an Android-based TV operating system in order to access Google Play. But, you can always use add-ons like Firestick, Chromecast, AppleTV, and Roku to stream content from third parties on LG smart Televisions.
Can WebOS Run Android apps?
If the Android app is available in the LG Content Store, WebOS can run it, so you may download it to watch your favorite shows.