UAN stands for Universal Account Number. You have a question ‘How to Activate UAN Number‘. It is a 12-digit unique identification number allotted to every member of the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO). The UAN number is used to track the member’s PF contributions and other details across multiple employers.
Activate the UAN Number on a Web browser
To activate your UAN number, you can follow these steps:
- Go to the > EPFO website: https://www.epfindia.gov.in/
- Click on the > ‘UAN Member e-Sewa’ > tab.
- Click on the >Activate UAN” link.
- Enter your > UAN number, Aadhaar number, name, and date of birth.
- Click on the > ‘Get Authorization PIN’ > button.
- You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP and click on the “Validate OTP and Activate UAN” button.
- Your UAN number will be activated and you will be able to set a password for your account.
Services Access on EPFO
Once your UAN number is activated, you can use it to log in to your EPFO account and access various services, such as:
- Checking your > PF balance
- Downloading your > PF passbook
- Updating your > personal details
- Transferring your > PF between employers
- Withdrawing your > PF
Oncе your UAN numbеr is active, it is important to kееp it safе and sеcurе. Do not share your UAN numbеr or password with anyone.
How to Link the Aadhaar Number to UAN Number
Here are some additional tips for activating your UAN number:
- Your Aadhaar number is linked to your UAN number.
- Make sure that your mobile number is registered with EPFO.
- If you do not have an Aadhaar number, you can choose your PAN number to activate your UAN number.
- If you are having trouble activating your UAN number, you can contact your employer or EPFO customer support for assistance.
Once your UAN number is activated, it is important to keep it safe and secure. Do not share your UAN number or password with anyone.
Once your UAN number is activated, you can use it to log in to your EPFO account and access various services, such as checking your PF balance, downloading your PF passbook, updating your personal details, transferring your PF between employers, and withdrawing your PF.