Hisense is a global electronics manufacturer, famous for its high-quality TVs. But recently, customers complained about the Hisense TV Remote malfunctioning. It can be very frustrating and interrupts the watching experience. In this article, we have highlighted the most common reasons why your Hisense TV remote may not be working, and given step-by-step instructions to resolve these issues.
Why is my Hisense TV Remote Not Working?
Here are some reasons for the malfunctioning of the Hisense TV remote:-
- Low batteries
- Blocked IR sensor
- Buttons not working properly
- TV software issue
- Faulty remote
Read Also: How to Connect Nintendo Switch to TV
How to Fix the Hisense TV Remote Not Working?
- With our research, we have found the best troubleshooting steps that can help you to fix your Hisense tv remote. You can try the given troubleshooting steps one by one.
Replace your Batteries
- The very first step is to check the battery level of your remote. Make sure they are inserted correctly and have enough power. If they are dead or low, replace them with new ones.
Reset the Remote
In case replacing the batteries does not work, try resetting the remote control. To reset the Hisense remote:-
- Remove the battery cover from the back of the remote.
- Take out the batteries.
- Press and hold the power button of the Hisense remote for 10 seconds.
- Put the batteries back into the remote.
- Place the back cover and check if the issue is still there.
Pair the Remote with Bluetooth again
It is possible that there can be some issue with the Bluetooth pairing between the remote and the tv. So you can again pair your remote and check if this was the issue. For pairing your remote, follow the given below steps:-
- Turn on your Hisense TV and make sure it’s connected to a power source.
- Press and hold the “Menu” button on your Hisense remote.
- Using the arrow keys on your remote, navigate to the “Settings” option and select it.
- From the settings menu, select “Remote & Accessories” and then select “Pair Remote.”
- Once the pairing process is complete, test your remote to make sure it’s working properly.
Read Also: Apple TV Remote
Check the Remote’s IR Sensor with a Phone Camera
You can check if the IR sensor on your remote is working properly or not with the help of a phone camera. Follow the given below steps:-
- Open the camera app on your smartphone.
- Point the remote at your phone’s camera.
- Press any button on the remote.
- Observe your phone’s screen, if the remote is working properly, you will see a flashing light coming from the front of the remote.
- If you don’t see a flashing light, try replacing the batteries in the remote and try again. If that doesn’t work, it means the remote may be faulty and you may need to replace it.
Check for Obstructions
- Make sure that there are no obstructions between the remote and the TV. As other electronic devices or furniture in the room can interfere with the remote’s signal.
Open and Clean the Remote
- With time, dirt and dust enter the remote and get stuck between the rubber buttons and circuit board. This can create a problem and stop remote buttons from working.
- So to resolve this problem, you can open the remote and clean the dirt on the PCB(Printed circuit board).
Try a Universal Remote
- If none of the above solutions works, you can try using a universal remote control instead of the Hisense TV remote. First, check if it is compatible with your TV model, and then try it.
- On Amazon and other platforms, you can find a variety of remotes that can be compatible with your tv.
Read Also: Reset Samsung TV