With the help of this instruction, you may successfully install Disney Plus on Samsung TV. Now that Disney Plus is available on older Samsung TVs, you may avoid spending money to upgrade to a new TV model. Disney+ is available for all types of Samsung TVs released in 2016 or later.
How to Get Disney Plus on Samsung TV
You can get Disney Plus on your Samsung TV if you have a compatible Samsung TV. The following steps will help you get the app on your Samsung TV: –
- Select the “Apps” option on your TV Home screen.
- Use the arrow keys / directional buttons present on your remote and select the search button, which is located in the top right corner of the apps section on your TV.
- Type “Disney Plus” using the virtual keyboard and select “Enter“.
- If your device / TV is compatible, Disney Plus will appear.
- Select the app and click on “Install“.
- It will install the app. You can sign up or log in and enjoy your favorite shows and movies.
Note: You will have to subscribe or buy a plan to stream movies or shows on the app.
Read Also: Cancel Disney plus Subscription on Roku
Downloading the Disney Plus App on My Samsung Smart TV: What Is the Process
The following steps will help you download the Disney Plus app on your Samsung TV:
- Check the compatibility of your TV (models from and after 2016 versions are compatible)
- Go to the home screen to access your apps.
- Type “Disney Plus” in your search bar, which is present at the top of the screen.
- Select the app from the list and click on the “Install” button.
- The app will be installed and shown on the home screen. Click on the Disney Plus Logo present on the home screen.
- Log in or Sign Up for the app. Subscribe to the app to stream your favorite content.
Read Also: Disney Plus on Chromecast
Disney Plus Not Working on Samsung TV
It can be frustrating when an app stops working on your TV. Whatever may be the reason behind the non-working of the app, we have solutions to fix your favorite Disney Plus app if it stops working on your TV:
Unplug Samsung TV from the wall
- Unplug the power cable of your TV from the wall and plug it back in again to fix this issue. It will reset all the configurations that may be causing the app to not function. It should resolve any problems with the Disney+ app.
Factory reset your Samsung TV
- Suppose your Samsung smart TV isn’t working properly. In that case, if any app is not working on your TV, you can use the factory reset feature to restore it to its original state. The reset will reinstall the software, restore the settings to their original state, and delete all your data.
- Disconnect all cables from the back of the television set and the wall outlet. Before reconnecting the power cord, wait 30 seconds.
- Press and hold the power button on the remote for 20 seconds, or until the screen turns off, then immediately release the button. Wait 10 seconds, then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds until the screen turns off again, followed by the release button.
- Wait 10 seconds before pressing any other buttons on the remote control or moving cables around it or the TV set because the capacitors inside are still charged and could cause damage or injury if touched or moved too soon.
Check if the Disney Plus servers are down
- You can try a few things if you’re having trouble streaming Disney Plus.
- Check to see if the Disney Plus servers are unavailable.
- You can use Down Detector to see if the Disney Plus servers are down. If you see a red box on Down Detector, users have reported connectivity issues with the service.
- If you see this box, try again later or with a different device or browser. If that doesn’t work, try the other steps.
Check your internet connection
- A slow or unreliable Internet connection will undoubtedly impair your ability to stream Disney Plus content (and any other service). To put this to the test, try streaming something else online (such as YouTube) and seeing how it performs.
- If that works, but Disney Plus does not, this is most likely the cause of your problem. You should contact your internet service provider to see if they can assist you in resolving this issue.
Test your device / TV’s network settings
- Many devices have advanced network settings that let you control how much bandwidth they consume while downloading content. Check that these are set enough (or too low), as this can cause problems with streaming services.
Reinstall the Disney+ app
- You can sign in with your Disney+ account and watch your favorite movies and shows when you reinstall the Disney+ app on a Samsung Smart TV.
- Try these steps if you’re having trouble signing in to the Disney+ app on your Samsung Smart TV:
- Install any available updates by going to Settings > Support > Software Update.
- Turn your TV off or unplug it for 30 seconds, then turn it back on.
- Restart your device by holding the power button on the remote until it turns off, then turn it back on.
Reset Samsung Smart Hub
Samsung Smart Hub is a feature that allows users to connect their TV to other devices, such as Blu-ray players and gaming consoles. It also allows users to use their Samsung Smart Hub to access apps and services. When resetting your Samsung Smart Hub, you must reconnect all your devices and apps. To reset your Samsung Smart Hub, follow these steps:
- Press the Menu button on your Remote.
- Go to Settings > Support > Reset Device/Smart Hub.
- Select one of the following alternatives:
- Reset device (Smart hub only): Restarting your TV and resetting some settings will not affect any other connected devices.
- Reset TV (Smart hub only): Restarting your TV and resetting all settings, including those for all connected devices, is an option.
- If You want to know about “How to turn off voice on Samsung tv” visit here.
Check your WiFi router
Suppose you have an issue with your internet connection. It could be due to a bad relationship. If so, reboot your modem and router by disconnecting and reconnecting them for at least a few minutes.
Check the following to get the best performance out of your WiFi router:
- Router replacement
- Power supply
- Count your WiFi network
Update your Samsung TV
- If you need help getting Disney+ to work on your Samsung TV, you can try a few things.
- It will help if you look for your TV model’s most recent firmware update.
- First, ensure that the system is up to date. Select Software Update from the Settings menu. If your TV has recently been updated and you are still experiencing issues, try unplugging it and plugging it back in again. If that doesn’t work, try disconnecting from the internet and restarting the app.
- If something else is needed, contact Samsung support.
Read Also:- Watch Disney Plus on Mac
How to get Disney Plus on older Samsung smart TV
- It means you can get Disney Plus on an older Samsung smart TV if it is compatible with the app. However, purchasing an external gadget that works with the app will cost you a little extra money. Even so, buying a brand-new TV is preferable when you don’t need one.
- You may connect a streaming device like a Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV (4th generation or later), or Chromecast to an older Samsung TV to access Disney Plus. You may use their applications to access Disney Plus and link them to the TV through HDMI.
- If those game consoles are linked to your TV, you may use the Disney Plus applications for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Disney Plus is available on PlayStation
- Disney Plus is accessible on the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 4 Pro, PlayStation 4 Slim, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5. Recall that only the PS4 Pro is capable of 4K streaming.
- You should turn on your PlayStation.
- Please search for the Disney Plus app in the PlayStation Store, then download it.
- Log in to your Disney Plus account using your email address and password if you already have one. If not, click “Sign Up.”
- To pay for the subscription, enter your email address, password, and PSN account and make an in-app payment.
- Choosing “Start watching.”
Disney Plus is available on Xbox
Suppose you’ve linked them to your older Samsung TV. You may utilize specific Disney Plus applications through gaming consoles like the PS 5 or Xbox One. To access Disney Plus, you’ll need an Xbox One, Xbox One X, Xbox S, Xbox Series X, or Xbox Series S. Then, follow these instructions:
- It would help if you pressed the Home button on your Xbox remote.
- On the home screen, select Microsoft Store.
- Enter “Disney Plus” into the search box.
- Get the app and install it.
- Sign in with your credentials, then launch the streaming application.
Read Also: Disney plus on Xbox 360
Get Disney Plus on a computer
There is no requirement for streaming devices if you use your PC to use the Disney Plus app. Furthermore, you may follow the instructions below to watch using the Disney Plus app on both macOS and Windows:
- Update your computer’s browser.
- Use an HDMI cable to connect your PC to an old Samsung TV.
- Modify the input mode and connect using the remote control for your Samsung TV.
- Activate Disney Plus on your PC browser with your login information to begin streaming your chosen content.
- It will project the content onto your old Samsung TV.
How to Use Chromecast to Connect Disney+ to Your Old Samsung TV
Chromecast is a great substitute if you prefer to utilize something other than streaming devices like Roku, Apple TV, or Amazon Firestick. You can use Google Chromecast to view Disney+ app content on your old Samsung TV. The steps to connect Chromecast to your TV are as follows:
- Connect Chromecast to the HDMI connector on your Samsung TV.
- Connect the USB cord to the wall adapter and the Chromecast on the opposite ends.
- Turn on the Samsung TV by plugging the adaptor into the wall outlet.
- Change the input setting for the Chromecast’s HDMI port using the remote control for your television.
- Set up the device for Disney+ app installation and connect it to the same network as your Chromecast, smartphone, or Android tablet.
- On your Android or iPhone tablet or tablet from the Google Play Store or App Store, download Disney+ and Control Your Samsung TV Using Your iPhone.
- Open the Disney+ app, then sign in using your credentials.
- To cast to a Samsung TV, hit the Cast icon on your smartphone and choose your TV model from the list that appears.
- Choose the video you want to watch and press “play” to cast it on your older Samsung TV and Disney+.
- Your older TV model might not be compatible with Disney+ since older TVs use outdated operating systems. The Disney+ app is accessible through the Samsung app store. However, older devices with the Orsay operating system from before 2016 could not function.
- Disney+ was released in 2020, and it functions best on modern hardware. But with 2016-made streaming gadgets. Chromecast enables you to easily experience Disney+ content through screen sharing and screen casting methods.
How to Use Amazon Firestick to Install Disney+ on Your Samsung TV
You can access Disney Plus on Samsung TV older model thanks to Amazon Firestick’s compatibility with a variety of Samsung TV models; here’s how:-
- Utilize an HDMI cable to connect the Amazon Firestick to your Samsung TV.
- Make a clear recording of the “Disney Plus app” using the firestick remote’s Alexa voice capability.
- Select and download the app after Disney Plus displays on your Samsung TV screen.
- Alternatively, hit the Home button on the Amazon Firestick controller.
- Select the Disney Plus app from the Apps area, then download and install it.
- To access Disney Plus, enter your login information.
- Using the remote, switch the input mode to HDMI once Disney Plus has been successfully installed on your older Samsung TV’s streaming device. You can instantly watch your favorite shows and other material after launching the app.
- If none of the above alternatives works, you’ll need technical help to run diagnostic checks on any problems with your external streaming device. Furthermore, memory problems, defective hardware, and other problems might prevent the program from starting.
How to Download Disney+ for Roku
You can watch many TV shows, movies, and streaming entertainment on Roku for free or with a subscription. Here’s how to use Roku to stream Disney+ to your Samsung TV:-
- Turn on your Samsung TV, then connect your Roku streaming media player via the HMI port.
- Press the Home button on your Roku remote to access the channel store after choosing your streaming channels from the Menu.
- Enter “Disney Plus” in the search bar and choose the appropriate app.
- Afterwards, choose the Add Chanel button and go to the Home screen.
- Choose Disney+ from the Home panel and sign in using your credentials to complete the process.
How much does Disney Plus cost on Samsung smart TV?
- Once you’ve installed Disney+ on your TV, You’ll have access to many popular TV episodes and movies from the Marvel and Star Wars universes, but remember that this is a subscription-based service. You’ll
- to pay $7.99 per month and $79.99 per year on an annual basis. You may subscribe to the service via the app on your TV or by visiting the official Disney Plus website.
- Users may purchase a $1.99 monthly subscription to Disney Plus commemorating Disney Day 2022. With this offer, users would save around $5 (or 62%) compared to the regular monthly cost of $7.99 for Disney Plus.
- Be sure to cancel your membership to avoid being charged the normal amount. The campaign also commemorates the streaming debuts of Thor: Love & Thunder and the live-action Pinocchio on Disney Plus.
How do I remove Disney plus from my Samsung TV?
The following steps will work on the old series (E, F, H and J) of Samsung TV:-
- Select Apps from the Smart Hub panel.
- Choose My Apps.
- On the top of the screen, click the Options icon.
- From the options menu, select Delete My Apps.
- Choose the Disney Plus app.
- At the top of the screen, click Delete.
- Select Yes to confirm the deletion.
- To successfully delete the app, select OK.
- The following steps will work on the new Smart TV series (K, M, N and R) of Samsung TV.
- Press the Home button present on your One Remote.
- Using the Navigation pad, which is present on your remote, navigate to and select the APPS option.
- Select “Options” present on the top of the screen.
- Select the Disney Plus app.
- Select the Delete option.
- A pop-up message will appear asking to confirm the deletion. Click on Delete.
- It will delete the app.
Read Also: How to Delete Apps on Fire Stick
Need help finding the Disney Plus app on my Samsung TV?
- Press the home button on your Samsung TV Remote. Your app selection menu will appear.
- Select the Apps option from the Menu and press the Enter key.
- Go to the search box and type Disney Plus to find the app.
- Find the app and press Enter to select the app.
- You can make the app a part of your home screen.
- If you use the app regularly, it will be automatically saved on your Recent page for easier access.
- Suppose you are still looking for the app. In that case, you may have to use an Amazon Fire TV Stick, Google Chromecast or other similar devices, as Disney Plus is unavailable on Samsung TVs older than 2016.
Additionally, you have a Disney Plus subscription but a Samsung TV model from the past. In that case, you may connect using a streaming device. You can use Roku, Chromecast, or Amazon Firestick to view Disney+ content on your older Samsung TV.
There are several methods for getting Disney Plus to work on your Samsung TV. If it is presently not working, you may attempt the following changes to resolve the issue:-
- Restart your Disney Plus on Samsung TV and do a factory reset.
- Check to see whether the Disney Plus servers are down.
- Install the Disney Plus app again.
- Restart the Samsung Smart Hub device.
- Restart your wireless router.
- Update the operating system on your Samsung TV.
Disney Plus on Samsung TV- FAQ’s
What is causing Disney Plus not to appear on my Samsung TV?
*Disney Plus has begun to expand its services in other countries, and many subscribers report difficulties finding the application on their Samsung or LG Smart TVs.
*The main reason is that Disney Plus is not supported on older models of Samsung Smart TVs, so anyone who purchased a Samsung TV after 2016 can enjoy the Disney + service, which runs on TizenOS in most of them.
*If the Disney Plus application does not appear on your Smart TV, search for it in the Apps store using the search bar, and you should be able to find and download it without any problems.
*Suppose your TV does not meet the minimum requirements for watching Disney + on Smart TV. In that case, other options exist, such as viewing the application on mobile phones or tablets, PC, Chromecast, or Xbox video game consoles. PS4 and One You could connect a laptop to the television via HDMI cable to improve your viewing experience.
What are Smart TVs compatible with Disney Plus?
If you want to use Disney+ on your Samsung smart TV, it must be equipped with Samsung’s Tizen OS. Tizen OS is most likely installed on Samsung TVs manufactured after 2015. If your television is older or you’re unsure, go to Samsung’s website and see if your model is listed here https://developer.samsung.com/smarttv/develop/specifications/tv-model-groups.html . If not, you can purchase a new Samsung television.
It’s just a matter of ensuring your LG TV supports LG WebOS. If you own an LG TV, it has WebOS installed, and adding Disney+ should be simple.
What is the best way to stream Disney Plus on my television?
You can easily stream Disney Plus on your television with the following devices installed or used on your television:
Android TV: Android TV is a small box that you can plug into any television to transform into a smart TV. You can access web browsers and watch TV shows, movies, and live games when the box is connected. You can use it to watch Netflix or Hulu in addition to Disney Plus.
Amazon Fire TV Stick: This device converts your television into a Smart TV. Thus allowing you to stream Disney Plus and all other OTT platforms.
Google Chromecast: Google Chromecast is not the same as the previous devices. It’s about the size of a USB and connects to your TV’s HDMI port.
There’s also an app that turns your phone or computer into a TV remote. Chromecast can stream content from Netflix, YouTube, Google Play Music, and other services in addition to Disney Plus. The standard Chromecast can stream up to 1080p content, whereas the Chromecast Ultra can stream 4k content. This is the device for you if you want something small and inexpensive.
How do I get Disney plus full screen on my Samsung TV?
*On your remote, press the Menu button.
* Choose an Image.
*Choose Screen Adjustment.
*From here, you can change the aspect ratio, screen fit, and screen position.
*Tap the video you’d like to watch on Disney Plus.
*At the bottom of the video player, tap full screen.
How do I clear Disney plus cache on Samsung Smart TV?
You can clear the cache of the app Disney Plus or any other app on your Samsung Smart TV in the following way:
*Press the Home Button on your Samsung Smart TV remote.
* Go to Settings and then to the Apps section.
*Then, under System apps, select Disney Plus from the list of applications.
*To confirm, press the Clear cache button followed by the Ok button.
Can’t delete the Disney Plus app on Samsung TV?
Apps that come pre-installed on your Samsung Smart TV cannot be deleted. Delete options for apps like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and others are greyed out or disabled by default. That is, you will only be able to delete apps you installed from the Samsung App Store after receiving the TV.
How do I cast Disney plus on my Samsung TV?
Using Screen Mirroring, you can cast Disney Plus content directly to your Samsung TV using Miracast or Apple Airplay. Open the app on your phone and follow the in-app instructions for your device, then follow the steps below to mirror your Disney Plus content to your Samsung TV:
Navigate to the Settings Menu.
Choose Miracast, Screen Casting, or WiFi Casting, depending on your device.
To stream content, follow the instructions provided by your device.