Disney Plus Error Code 42 indicates that the service you are attempting to access cannot be loaded due to a slow Internet connection or a timeout error. Error 42 might occur as a result of a few distinct replies. One of the following is often what it comes down to:
- Your internet connection is malfunctioning.
- You are trying to stream content, but there is a problem with the app or the device.
- Additionally, if you’re attempting to watch during a busy period, there can be a problem with the Disney Plus servers.
Read Also: Disney Plus Error Code 83
What Causes Disney Plus Error Code 42
Disney’s servers are experiencing problems connecting with your device if you see error 42 when using Disney Plus. Several factors on both sides may contribute to this:
- Your streaming device has issues
- your internet connection is having issues
- You have a sluggish internet connection.
- The servers at Disney are overloaded.
Read Also: Disney Plus Error Code 39
How to Solve Disney Plus Error Code 42
Disney Plus Error Code 42 troubleshooting techniques that may be able to fix the issue.
Start Your Streaming Device Again
- The simplest initial action to do if Error Code 42 appears when you choose a TV show or movie in Disney Plus is to reset the device.
- Unplug your streaming media device, such as a Roku, wait two minutes, and then plug it back in.
Enter and Exit Disney Plus
- Sometimes the solution is as simple as logging out and back into Disney Plus on your streaming device. Start the Disney Plus app on your smartphone, find the symbol for your account, and then select Log Out.
- Try again after completely logging out, then sign back in with your username and password.
See Whether Disney Plus Is Unavailable
- Unfortunately, there may not be anything you can do to resolve the issue; it might be a Disney Plus outage.
- Although it happens seldom, the simplest method to find out is to visit the Down detector Disney Plus network status page or just search for “is Disney Plus down” on Google.
Make Sure Your Wi-Fi Is Working
Restart your internet modem and WiFi router. To accomplish that, disconnect both devices for at least two minutes, switch on the modem, wait for it to completely boot up, and then turn on the WiFi router.
Test the Speed of Your Wi-Fi
- The presence of a strong WiFi signal does not guarantee that your internet connection meets Disney’s speed requirements.
- Error Code 42 may be generated by Disney Plus if it determines that a slow internet connection has insufficient connectivity.
Delete Your Cache
It’s simple to delete the cache on an Android device. The steps are:
- Open the Settings application.
- Click Apps.
- Disney Plus may be found in the list of applications.
- Select Storage & cache.
- Click Clear cache.
Install Disney Plus again
- You can attempt to remove and reinstall the Disney Plus software if all other efforts have failed. If you’ve reduced the issue to a particular device, this might be the solution because it functions on other devices connected to the same WiFi network.
- Now, Open the “Disney Plus Error Code 42” channel on your Roku TV once more and see whether this approach still works. But if this approach hasn’t worked, try a different approach.
Read also: Disney Plus Account