Streaming and watching your favorite movies and series on big screens is a completely different experience than watching the same content on a mobile device. Same with the Samsung Smart TV users, however, some of these users can not have such an experience due to the Disney Plus error 1026. The following error message pops up when Error 1026 comes up:
“We’ve got an issue. Exiting the application. App config failure- Error Code 1026.”
Well, if you too are facing such an issue, then you are at the right place. This article explains the step-by-step procedure to solve Disney Plus Error 1026. Read till the end, either of the below-mentioned methods may solve your issue.
Cold Boot Your Samsung Smart TV
This step is a bit more than just turning on and off your TV. Cold Boot your TV means that you need to completely shut down your TV. To cold boot it, you can either use the remote control or you can use your TV plug to cold boot your TV. Both the methods are explained below separately.
Cold boot using the remote control
To cold boot your TV using the remote control, press and hold the power button on the remote until the TV turns off. Then hold down the power button until it turns on again.
Cold Boot using the V plug
Turn off your Samsung TV in the first place, then remove it from the power plug and wait for at least 30 seconds. Now plug it back in the plug and then turn it on. This will cold boot your system.
Power Cycle Your Devices
In case, cold booting your TV does not solve the Disney Plus Error 1026, then try out this method. Power cycle your modem and router to make sure that your internet connection is stable and working fine. To do this, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Turn off all the gadgets including the modem and router.
- Now wait for a minimum of 30 seconds.
- Then plug in your modem and router and then give it a few seconds to fully connect it to the internet. Do the same thing with all of the gadgets.
- Now reconnect your TV and check if the issue is resolved.
Install updates on your Samsung Smart TV
It is possible that Disney Plus Error 1026 may be occurring due to the out-dated version of the app. Make sure to install the latest updated version of the application. To do so, follow the below mentioned steps.
- Select the support option from the drop down menu under the settings option.
- Then click the Update now option under the software update, the updates will start installing.
Reinstall the Disney Plus application
In case, the above mentioned methods didn’t work, then try reinstalling the Disney Plus app. To uninstall and reinstall the application, follow the below mentioned steps.
- First, go to the app and then click the settings option.
- Search for the Disney Plus app from the search bar, Delete option will show when you will click on Disney Plus.
- Click the Delete option and this will uninstall the application.
- Now in the app store search for the Disney Plus app from the search bar.
- It will appear on the top of the result along with a install button.
- Now click on install to reinstall the app on your TV.
Hopefully, this method will solve the Disney Plus error 1026.
In case, none of the above mentioned methods are solving the issue for you, try contacting the Disney Plus support team.
Disney Plus Error 1026- FAQs
How do I fix Disney Plus on my Samsung TV?
Try installing the updates on the app and clearing the cache and cooking stored.
What is Error 1026 on Disney Plus?
This error occurs when there is a temporary IP address conflict between the device and Disney Plus server. Although the reason behind this error is still not very clear.
How do I clear cache on Disney Plus?
Go to settings, click apps, then click Disney Plus. Now go to the storage option, it will show Clear Cache option, click on it.