Microsoft allows you to play games made by them to play on other devices. This cross-device gameplay is done with the help of Aka.ms/remoteconnect.
The most commonly used use case aka ms remote connect is connecting a Microsoft account with Minecraft – A popular game by Microsoft.
For those who want to know about it, here’s the complete information. The blog will give you an insight into how it works, how to connect it to different gaming consoles, what is the error message coming up on the screen, and how to solve it.
You can find information about how to use “https://aka.ms/remoteconnect” or “https://login.live.com/oauth20_remoteconnect.srf” URL to connect your Microsoft account with your PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo Switch or PC and play Minecraft. Additionally, we will also share the most common issues and errors with the connection with how to solve them.
What is aka.ms/remoteconnect?
aka.ms/remoteconnect allows a person to connect his Microsoft account to the device of their choice remotely. This helps users play games such as Minecraft on their favorite devices such as PS4, Nintendo, and other consoles.
This is possible with the help of Microsoft’s Crossplay – A feature that helps owners of different brand’s gaming consoles play the same game with each other. Note that Crossplay is only available for a few games and a few consoles- Minecraft is one of them. There are other crossplay games as well – Fortnite, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, NBA 2K playgrounds, etc.
How to Use “aka.ms/remoteconnect” to connect your microsoft account with Playstation (PS4, PS5) and Nintendo Switch
You will have a Microsoft account and either an Xbox Live or Nintendo Switch subscription to enable Minecraft crossplay on PS4 or Switch. To log in to Aka MS Remote Connect, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Install the Minecraft game on your device (PS4 or Nintendo Switch) as usual. Open the game and access the multiplayer feature of the game.
- When accessing multiplayer, the game will ask you to connect your MS account with Gamertag. It will show you a URL. This URL would be “https://aka.ms/Remoteconnect“.
- Open aka.ms/remoteconnect or https://aka.ms/Remoteconnect on the browser of your mobile or PC.
- You will be first asked to log in using your Microsoft account. Then enter the eight-digit code shown on the screen.
- Then select next. It will ask you for your permission to connect the two accounts. You need to accept yes to proceed further.
- For remoteconnect minecraft ps4, https//aka.ms/remote connect PlayStation is the same method as discussed above. The steps are the same and URL gets redirected to the login screen first.
- For aka.ms.remoteconnect switch, The process is again the same. Follow the easy instructions to connect your account with Switch.
- This will be the message:
“Signing in to a Microsoft Account will permanently associate it with your current account for “Playstation Network” (or Nintendo Switch, Xbox). If you are already using an existing Microsoft Account to access Minecraft on another device, you may use that account. You can only do this once per account on “PlayStation Network”, so please choose your Microsoft Account carefully.
Visit this website on another device: https://aka.ms/remoteconnect.
And enter this code: ______”
Also Read: Ctv.ca activate
Setting Up Xbox One/ Series S/ Series X for Minecraft Crossplay
Xbox gaming consoles are the easiest to set up for playing Minecraft Crossplay. This is because of the fact that the Xbox owners already have an active Microsoft account. Just to recheck, make sure that you have a Microsoft account. Once you are sure of this, install Minecraft on your Xbox and launch it. Now you are all set to enjoy and have a completely amazing gaming experience.
Joining Crossplay Games
After you are done with setting up your Minecraft crossplay, you need to follow the procedure to create a crossplay game. To create the crossplay game, follow the steps below:
- Select the ‘Play’ option from the main menu.
- Now go to the ‘Worlds’ option and select ‘Create New World’.
- Then go to the multiplayer section and make sure that it is selected.
Now you are good to go with the Crossplay games. With crossplay, you can also join the Compatible Minecraft world that is created by someone else. To do this, follow the under-mentioned steps.
- Launch the game, then select the ‘play’ option from the main menu.
- Now move to the ‘friends’ tab and see the list of games that are available for you to play.
- Choose the game you wish to join and start playing.
The list of games may be organized in different ways depending on the device you are using.
How to Enable the Crossplay feature on your Xbox?
Since you need the Crossplay feature of the Minecraft game to be able to play the game with your friends on different device types, it is essential that you set up the feature well. If you are using Xbox and your friends are using PS4 or Nintendo Switch, you need to follow the below instructions to play with them.
- Press the Xbox button on your controller.
- You need to go to the account via the settings option then go to Account Privacy and finally to Online Safety.
- This option is available in online safety because of parental control reasons.
- Now you need to go to Xbox Live Privacy and open the custom option. View the details and go to multiplayer.
- There you will see the option of enabling outside communication from Xbox Live to another player.
- This is how you enable your Xbox for Crossplay for playing Minecraft with other players on different devices.
How to add friends using different gaming consoles in Minecraft?
Playing games alone can be boring, to make games more fun friends are a must. Similar to the Minecraft games. To add friends to the game, follow these steps:
- After logging into the Microsoft account, select Play to go to the Minecraft Games home page.
- Switch to the right to launch the ‘Friends’ tab.
- Then click on ‘Add Friend’.
- Now find your friends one by one using the Microsoft gamer tags.
What is Aka MS Remoteconnect Error?
While playing Minecraft on a Playstation or Nintendo Switch gaming console, you might be encountering some errors. Read on to find the most common errors related to aka.ms/remoteconnect not working and find the solutions as well.
Here are some common reasons for https //aka.ms/remoteconnect not working:
- You are attempting to use the Minecraft Crossplay feature for the first time on your current device which is not already associated with your Microsoft account. In this case, the error is most likely to occur while playing the game on PlayStation, Nintendo, or any other non-Microsoft device.
- Another reason for this error is the change of device done recently, as example, if you are switching from Xbox to a PlayStation or Nintendo, then there are chances that this error may occur.
- Your game data is corrupted and/or files are corrupted, but it is less likely.
- Your remote connection to your Microsoft account is not done properly and that is why you are receiving the pop-up again and again.
- You are signed onto your account on another device that might currently be in use. You can only connect one account to one game/service.
Read Also: Beachbodyondemand.com/activate
How to Fix Aka MS Remoteconnect Error
There are a number of way-outs to fix this error when it is displayed, and the solution depends on the individual circumstances.
Don’t have a Microsoft Account
- The first thing is to make sure that you have a Microsoft account, if you already do not have one, then sign up at https://signup.live.com/. You need to https//aka.ms/remoteconnect Minecraft sign up for connecting the service.
- Then click on Create a Microsoft account and follow the instructions on the screen.
Having Microsoft Account
- If you are already a Microsoft account holder, then the error may be showing up to ask you to enter the 8-digit code on Aka MS Remote connect.
- To resolve this, use the URL aka.ms remote connect on your mobile device and enter the code. Click Next to connect the two devices.
Deleting Game Data
- If none of the above ways are working for you, then there are chances that the error is due to corrupted game data.
- To fix this issue, you will need to delete the game data which means that your progress on the game will be gone.
- To delete the data, go to System Settings.
- Then go to Storage.
- Click Game Storage.
- Select Minecraft and click clear data, this will clear all the data of the game.
Contact the Minecraft Team if the problem remains unsolved
If you have already tried the above-mentioned methods to solve the error but are still facing the issue, then try connecting with the Minecraft Service Team. To connect with them, fill out the contact form with your preferred language, contact information, and the platform you are using to play Minecraft. Select the reason for contacting them and update them about the issue you are facing. The team will get in touch with you with a solution.
Sign out of other devices
You need to sign out of other devices, or you need to end the simultaneous session with the same account to be able to connect again.
How to Fix aka.ms/remoteconnect not working on Nintendo Switch?
Here are the things you should do to completely resolve the issue:
- Reinstalling the game and starting the process again.
- If you recently changed your device, you may need to unlink your old device to connect “aka ms remote connect not working/functioning”
- If you still are not sure and want to pop up, you may need to access the multiplayer feature of the game.
- Restart the device.
- Change your gamertag on the Microsoft account and try again.
How to Fix “aka.ms/accountsettings” Error in Minecraft
You might have come across this error message in your game – “You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft account is set up. Review and change your privacy settings at aka.ms/accountsettings.”
To resolve this error, you need to go to a different URL: account.xbox.com/settings .
- Go to the above URL and click on your account profile. It should be a minor profile.
- Now go to Privacy and online safety. Click on the tab mentioning “Xbox series X|S, Windows 10 device online safety”. There you would see two options. Click on allow on both two options.
- Now go to the Privacy tab. There click on Everyone.
- Additionally, you need to set the age of the person in the profile to 18+ to remove the error.
Now this error message with go away, and you can play the games with other people on different devices easily.
Read Also: Activate Britbox
How to delete a Microsoft account on Minecraft ps4?
You can delete a Microsoft account on PS4 for Minecraft but understand that any data since logged in will be lost.
- Open the game and go to settings. There you need to go to storage. Now click on saved data.
- There you will see a warning that the game will be closed to go to the saved file. Click on OK and select the game of the saved file you want to see. In this case, it will be Minecraft.
- There select the Saved data file with extension COG. Now select that file and press delete. You need to do this with the second saved COG data file as well.
- Once done, open Minecraft and use a new login.
You have successfully deleted the MS account on PS4 for Minecraft.
Aka.ms/remoteconnect Frequently Asked Questions
Can a Microsoft account be used for Minecraft login?
Initially, no microsoft account was needed for Minecraft, however, the Java version released in 2021 made a Microsoft account compulsory.
What is Aka MS Remoteconnect?
It is a web portal to play Minecraft games with crossplay feature to play on devices like Xbox, PS4/5, Nintendo, etc.
Is Aka MS Remoteconnect safe?
Yes, it is completely legitimate and safe to use.
Why is Aka.ms/remoteconnect asking for a Microsoft account?
It requires a Microsoft account for security and safety purposes. However, this rule applies only to the users of the Java version.
Why am I getting Aka MS Remoteconnect error?
This may occur either due to using the crossplay feature for the first time on a device especially if it is not already linked to the Microsoft account or due to switching from device to the other.