The ADT Doorbell Camera Blinking Red built-in motion detection helps dissuade unwanted guests. The camera’s sensor will send a mobile alert to your smartphone when someone enters your home. Even when you’re not home, you’ll be able to see and communicate with everyone who comes to your door. The ADT Video Doorbell features a 180° wide view of your yard beyond your front porch and night vision to help you see visitors more clearly in low light.
- These extra functions are available with the ADT Doorbell Camera Blinking Red:
- It has a wide viewing angle of 180° diagonally.
- Night vision is no problem thanks to Infrared LED night-vision technology. It is also compatible with Apple iOS 10. X or above and Android 4.4 or higher.
- Weather-resistant works in temperatures as low as -4°F and as high as 122°F.
- Wireless connectivity-Syncs with your system via an integrated 2.4GHz Wi-Fi connection.
- Multiple mounting options-compatible with a wide range of door frames and gang boxes.
- Sometimes people will encounter an ADT Doorbell Camera is not working let’s figure out the reason behind it:
ADT Doorbell Camera Not Working/Recording
- When you realize your ADT Doorbell Camera Blinking Red is not working, there are several reasons why it is not working or has ceased recording.
- What you can do now is scroll down below and determine which of the following is the most likely reason for the camera to cease recording or not working since you originally installed it.
The main reasons are:
- It lacks sufficient power to function-
- It is not in the range of a Wi-Fi connection.
- There isn’t enough capacity on the cloud to save video clips.
- The motion detection settings may be incorrectly configured.
Read Also: How to Connect AirPods to Samsung Tv
ADT Doorbell Camera Detecting Motion but Not Recording
The reason for the ADT doorbell camera detecting motion but not recording is that the recording rules have not been configured. ADT cameras operate according to user-defined rules.
The main reasons are:
- The recording schedule you established for the video was incorrect.
- The shortest possible time between triggered camera clips is incorrect.
- “At-home setting” is selected.
ADT Doorbell Camera Not Connecting to Wi-Fi
The main reasons are:
- Power Is Gone
- The Wi-Fi signal was lost.
ADT doorbell camera blinking red
The main reasons are:
- Blinking (Red) – A network connection has been lost.
- Blinking (Red) – Low battery
Orange blinking ADT Doorbell Camera
The main reasons are:
- The Wi-Fi network is not operational because the ADT Doorbell Camera Blinking Red is located too far away from the Wi-Fi router.
- Increase the distance between the router and the Doorbell Camera.
Always keep in mind that when a machine suddenly emits red light, it most likely signifies it is attempting to send a message. This warning primarily represents some abnormality in how it operates. The ADT doorbell camera emits a red light when there is a problem with it. It indicates that there is a problem with how things are working. So, let’s resolve this.
The ADT doorbell camera’s red blinking generally denotes two potential causes. Unfortunately, both of these problems are quite serious and require immediate attention. Let’s examine these issues and talk about the various ADT doorbell camera troubleshooting techniques.
When the ADT Doorbell Camera blinks red, there are two possible outcomes.
- When the battery is low and the gadget has to be recharged or the battery is failing, this is the first possible cause of the red blinking light.
- When the Internet Connection is not as stable as it must be for this security device to function, this security device may blink red for a second reason.
How to fix your ADT Doorbell camera not working
To fix the prob the ADT Doorbell camera is facing:
First, We have to Check the Battery Status:
- To offer a very effective software system with a variety of home security solutions, ADT has significantly improved the functionality of its products over the years.
- Your phone contains all the information you may ever need regarding your system’s controls.
- You probably downloaded the Pulse app when you first set up the system. The ADT doorbell camera’s controls and information are all available here.
- The app lets you monitor the system’s battery life. The system’s display panel can also be checked in addition to this.
- If your battery status is showing:
BLUE– it means power is on/network connection is available
RED– it means the battery is at a low level or the network is failed
GREEN– it means a firmware update e is being performed.
If Battery Status is Red, Charge your ADT Doorbell Camera Battery:
- There is a good likelihood that the blinking red light is an indication that the battery life of your ADT doorbell camera is low. So, let’s examine the battery charging process in more detail. The procedure is not the simplest.
- All you need to do first is remove the doorbell’s faceplate.
- Following that, you will discover a battery charging port. You will need a small USB cable to connect to the charging port.
- The USB cable’s opposite end can be plugged into the source. Wait until the battery is fully charged. One full charge typically takes about an hour.
The ADT Doorbell Camera Blinking Red will continue functioning for a few months after being recharged.
The color returns colored green after a full recharge of the battery (also if the issue has been resolved), signifying a full charge. You must now unhook the tiny USB cable before replacing the doorbell’s faceplate. If charging the ADT doorbell camera battery again doesn’t solve the issue, you’ll either need to replace the battery or call in a professional to assess the situation.
Replace the Battery if the Problem is not Resolved:
- A firmware update is being performed. Over time, rechargeable batteries lose capacity. This is a result of the battery’s internal chemical reactions, which are irreversible.
- Therefore, you might need to replace your ADT cameras’ batteries if they are depleting quickly.
- There is a good probability that the batteries will stop working or develop another problem.
The steps for changing the batteries are as follows:
- Take the doorbell’s mounting bracket off.
- Locate the battery pack that is attached.
- Replace the batteries with fresh ones after carefully removing the old ones.
High Chance Of Unstable Internet Connectivity if the problem is not resolved:
- Unstable internet connectivity is quite a simple problem to troubleshoot. They are mostly related to internet connectivity issues. So, let us solve them:
- Your Wi-Fi connectivity needs to be verified first.
- After that, you must determine if the router is having any problems. Once you have confirmed that everything is in order, assess the connectivity to the internet.
- Yes! Even though there’s a chance the connectivity is steady, the connection’s strength might not have been the best. There must be a signal strength of at least 90%. Additionally, the source must have a minimum upload speed of 2 Mbps available for the ADT Doorbell Camera Blinking Red to function properly. To determine the network speed, perform an online test.
- The blue light will return once you’ve found the solution and the red light will go.
- Therefore, the problem with internet connectivity has been resolved. The battery isn’t working properly if the ADT doorbell camera is still glowing red.
Reset the ADT Doorbell Camera is the second last option left with us:
- If you are experiencing an unidentified problem or an issue that you are unsure how to resolve, you may want to try factory resetting your device.
- It is important to note that executing a factory reset will wipe all of the camera’s saved data, information, and settings.
- What you must do is as follows:
- Select a small button on the camera’s rear. It will be located near the power charging port.
- Press it for 10 seconds, or until the flashlight begins to blink.
- It is recommended to wait 1-2 minutes after turning off the device before turning it back on.
Customer Support is the last option: If none of the aforementioned methods solve your red-light blinking problem with your ADT doorbell camera, you should contact ADT Doorbell Camera Blinking Red service. The skilled team will be able to assist you more effectively.
How to check battery status using the pulse app?
You probably downloaded the Pulse app when you first set up the system. The ADT Doorbell Camera Blinking Red controls and information are all available here. The app lets you monitor the system’s battery life. The system’s display panel can also be checked in addition to this.
How long does an ADT Battery last?
ADT has discovered that their batteries normally last three years, however, this varies based on factors such as temperature and usage. For example, if you use your alarm system regularly or reside in a colder region, the typical lifespan could be substantially shorter than three years.
Are the batteries in my ADT camera Doorbell replaceable?
Yes, the batteries are replaceable to change the battery, use a flat-head screwdriver to press the tab in. After you’ve replaced your batteries, double-check the polarity and snap it back into place.
Will My ADT Doorbell Work When the Power is Out?
When the power goes out, your ADT system will immediately switch to backup battery mode, ensuring continuous protection. Keep in mind, however, that while the backup battery will keep the system running for several hours, the battery’s charge will ultimately run out.